Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
If there's one thing you must know about us, it's that we're flipping' crazy about pancakes!
Our idea of perfection on a plate is a stack of fluffy pancakes and chopped bananas doused in sticky maple/agave syrup, served with either succulent strawberries or a blueberry compote. In fact, it's a must that pancakes are on the menu whenever we go out for brunch, 'cos smashed avo on sourdough just ain't gonna cut it bro.
Since going Vegan, we've found it challenging to resist the temptation of the good old breakfast batter when brunching in town. Fortunately, we've learned how to make our very own egg and dairy-free version with this super quick and easy recipe; so you'll have fresh fluffy pancakes in no time!
150g Plain Flour
2 Tbsp Coconut or Caster Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Tsp Good Quality Vanilla Essence
300 ml Water
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
To serve: Agave/Maple Syrup, Coconut Whipped Cream, any chopped fruit of your choice
1) Fill a measuring jug with the water, add the oil and stir with a fork
2) Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl
3) Pour the oil-combined water into the mixing bowl and stir until a thick lumpy batter forms
4) Lightly oil a frying pan and place on a medium heat
5) Using a ladle, pour the batter mixture into the frying pan. When bubbles form around the edge of the pancake, flip that pancake over! Keep the pancake cooking on the other side for a further minute and a half, or until golden brown. Repeat the process until the batter is finished.
6) Remove from the pan and serve immediately with maple or agave syrup, coconut whipped cream and any fruit of your choice.
Note: The pancakes cook fairly quickly, so you'll only need to keep it cooking on the pan for about 2-3 minutes total, depending on the heat.